Humbar Bay, Toronto / N43°36'54" W79°27'5.2812000000001"
Body of Water:
Polypro - twist
Buoy Anchor Type:
Cement - Large
Originally built as the barkentine "Prince of Wales". She was rebuilt in 1874 as a three masted, fore & aft rigged schooner and renamed "Sligo" She was a towed barge at the time of her loss. Sligo sits up right.
While under tow parted line in a heavy gale on September 5, 1918.
Buoy Status Updates
|Site Name||Record Date||Buoy Status||NOTSHIP#||Comment|
|Sligo||31/10/2020||Swapped||NW-C-2106-20||REMOVED SOS orange-and-white spar buoy e/w internal radar reflector, flashing light, and self-retracting mooring pennant, and DEPLOYED temporary overwintering marker, ~20 litre blue nylon jug|
|Sligo||23/05/2020||Swapped||NW-C-2106-20||Removed SOS spar buoy e/w internal radar reflector, flashing light, and self-retracting mooring pennant and deployed overwintering marker (~20 litre blue nylon jug)|
|Sligo||09/10/2019||Swapped||NW-C-2492-19||REMOVED SOS Orange & White SPAR Buoy e/w Radar Reflector, Flashing Light, & Self-Retracting Pennant PLACED 20 Litre Black Nylon Jug and Large White Fender Overwintering Marker|
|Sligo||11/05/2019||Deployed||NW C-0693-19||Neil MacMillan & Peter Sutus REMOVED Overwintering Marker, and PLACED an SOS Orange & White SPAR Buoy e/w Radar Reflector, Flashing Light, & Self-Retracting Pennant|
|Sligo||18/11/2018||Swapped||C2857/18||SWAPPED SOS Orange & White SPAR Buoy e/w Radar Reflector, Flashing Light, & Tagline, for Overwintering Marker (5-Gallon Blue Nylon Jug)|