Humbar Bay, Toronto / 42° 39' 6.1812" N, 80° 3' 8.7012" W
Body of Water:
Polypro - twist
Buoy Anchor Type:
Cement - Large
Originally built as the barkentine "Prince of Wales". She was rebuilt in 1874 as a three masted, fore & aft rigged schooner and renamed "Sligo" She was a towed barge at the time of her loss. Sligo sits up right.
While under tow parted line in a heavy gale on September 5, 1918.
Buoy Status Updates
|Site Name||Record Date||Buoy Status||NOTSHIP#||Comment|
|Sligo||07/10/2017||Swapped||C2549/17||Replaced SOS Spar Buoy with blue 5 gallon overwintering jug.|
|Sligo||08/05/2016||Deployed||C647/16||REMOVED Temporary Overwintering Marker PLACED Orange & White SPAR Buoy e/w Radar Reflector, Flashing Light, & Tagline.|
|Sligo||01/12/2015||Removed||C2744/15||Buoy removed for season, placed temporary overwintering marker.|
|Sligo||24/10/2013||Deployed||C2133/13||PRIVATELY MAINTAINED SPAR BUOY MARKING THE SHIPWRECK "SLIGO" IN POSITION 43 36.882N 079 27.094W REPLACED BY WINTERING BUOY CONSISTING OF A SIX GALLON BLACK JUG AND A ONE GALLON WHITE JUG.|
|Sligo||13/04/2012||Deployed||C388||This is one of SOS Toronto's new Spar Buoys|